New York City is recognized as one of the most visited places in the world. It is good to have some idea of what the city has to offer to make the most of your visit, both day and night. There are lots of places to visit and things to see in New York City, including historic landmarks, museums, and theaters. Visitors to this part of the world can explore Manhattan by land, air, sea or via all of these options. While double decker taxis and buses are ideal for visiting the different attractions of New York City, a cruise trip or ferry ride across the New York Harbor provides a picturesque view of the Statue of Liberty and the city skyline. If you are planning for a memorable date with your partner, here are the 10 best spots to go on a date in New York City. (see also these great dating ideas)
- The Grand Zero- This is the place where the twin World Trade Towers once stood. It should be a place that anyone who has lost loved ones to the tragedy should visit.
- The Intrepid Sea- Air and Space Museum offers a unique journey through interactive exhibits and a vast collection of aircraft, the British Airways Concorde and the USS Growler Submarine.
- Madam Tussauds- It is considered as the famous museum in the world showcases nearly 200 life-like wax statues of celebrities from across the world.
- Grand Central Terminal- It is recognized as one of the oldest landmarks of New York City. The complex houses several specialty shops and restaurants as well.
- Broadway Theatre- This place showcases some of the best shows, so make sure you go for at least one of them.
- Times Square- It is a sight to behold by night, with the amazing lights that brighten up the square.
- Central Park- It is a welcome oasis among the numerous high rise buildings that constitute a significant part of New York City. The park houses a zoo, offers a boat ride and is an ideal place for walking and enjoying nature.
- Statue of Liberty- It is located in New York Harbor, beyond the lower end of Manhattan, is a symbol of freedom and liberty for the nation. The statue is best viewed from the Staten Island ferry or the Liberty Island trips.
- Empire State Building- Your New York visit is not complete without paying a visit to Top of the Deck observatories and Empire State Building that offer a spectacular view of the whole city.
- Metropolitan Museum- Get loads of information, learn interesting facts and watch awesome shows at some of the best museums located in New York City. Don’t miss the Metropolitan Museum, the Museum of Modern Art and Museum of Natural History for their significant collections.
Aside from these 10 best spots to go on a date in New York City, there are lots of street fairs that are organized throughout the city during the summer months.